Hearing Loss FAQ
Hearing loss isn’t talked about as much as it should be in mainstream media and in health advocacy and we think that is just a shame. At New Generation Hearing Centers, we obviously take hearing very seriously, so we wanted to share with you a few frequently asked questions about hearing loss that we often get from patients.
- At what age does hearing loss start? Isn’t it just for seniors?
- Hearing loss can occur at any time for a variety of reasons. In fact, 65% of all hearing loss occurs in those younger than 65, with 1.5 million of those people being in school age.
- How does hearing loss occur?
- There are many kinds of hearing loss and different reasons each can occur. Some of the common causes include loud and excessive noises, infections in the ear or head area, reactions to drug use or treatments for diseases like cancer, and age.
- My hearing loss isn’t that bad, should I still see a hearing specialist?
- Hearing loss is often something that happens overtime and because of that, it can become an adaptable part of your life for a good amount of time. That doesn’t mean you don’t have to visit a specialist or a hearing center because untreated hearing loss can lead to many problems in your personal life. Do you often ask people to repeat themselves? Do you struggle to hear in a crowded placed? Do you have trouble following conversations? You may be suffering from hearing loss and that’s something we can help you with.
- If I have hearing loss, do I need a hearing aid?
- That is something that needs to be discussed with an Audiologist. Our team specializes in custom hearing aid options. We want you to have the best life possible, so in our family business we treat you like one of our own.
We hope these frequently asked questions about hearing loss have helped answer some of the thoughts on the topic. Are you looking for something we didn’t address? Let us know during your free hearing consultation in one of our two Miami, FL offices so we can address your concerns and get you on track with your new and improved life.