Self Assessment Test to Determine if you have Hearing Loss or Slight De
Many elderly in Miami suffer from hearing problems but aren’t the only age group that suffers from symptoms. The following self-assessment test provided by the Hearing Loss Association of America lets you test yourself and check for possible symptoms of hearing loss. Ask yourself the following questions and see how you score:
1. Do you have to turn the volume up on the television?
2. Do you frequently have to ask others to repeat?
3. Do you have difficulty understanding when in groups or in noisy situations?
4. Do you have to sit up front in meetings or in church in order to understand?
5. Do you have difficulty understanding women or young children?
6. Do you have trouble knowing where sounds are coming from?
7. Are you unable to understand when someone talks to your from another room?
8. Have others told you that you don’t seem to hear them?
9. Do you avoid family meetings or social situations because you “can’t understand”?
10. Do you have ringing or other noises (tinnitus) in your ears?
Now lets see how you scored:
Answered Yes to less than 3 of the questions…
no significant hearing loss present
Answered Yes to between 3 and 5 questions…
you may have a slight hearing problem*
Answered Yes to between 5 and 7 questions…
you have a moderate hearing problem*
Answered to more than 7 questions…
you have a significant hearing problem*
If you live in the Miami area and need to see a professional audiologist, stop by the New Generation Hearing Centers to visit Dr. Joseph K Duran. You can schedule an appointment by calling them directly at 305-551-7222 or visit them online for more information at http://www.miamihearingaids.com.