Facts about Hearing Loss in Miami
Hearing loss is more common than many people think and can affect any person, young or old alike. Due to the increasing amount of environmental and recreational noise, we see the affects of hearing loss on children of younger ages. Here are some facts to consider about hearing loss:
• 28 million Americans are hearing impaired, and an estimated 500 million experience hearing loss, worldwide.
• In the U.S., one out of 12 30-year-olds is already hearing-impaired and one in 8 50-year-olds suffer from hearing loss.
• After President Bill Clinton was fitted for hearing aids, more than 1 million other baby boomers identified themselves as experiencing hearing loss.
• There are more baby boomers aged 45-64 with a hearing loss (10 million) than there are people over the age of 65 with a hearing loss (9 million).
• More than a third of all hearing loss is attributed to noise: loud music, loud workplaces, loud recreational equipment.
• Thanks to the above, we’re all losing our hearing at a younger age than we were 30 years ago.
• Of the 10 million Americans aged 45 to 64 who have a hearing loss, 6 out of 7 do not yet benefit from wearing hearing aids.
If you or a loved one suffers from hearing loss and live in the Miami area, be sure to contact Dr. Joseph K Duran. Dr. Duran has been fascinated by the study of hearing loss from a young age. He received his doctorate degree from the University of South Florida and has then opened his own Hearing Center in Miami called The New Generation Hearing Center. Dr. Duran is dedicated to finding better ways to help his patience feel comfortable and better about their hearing problems and is constantly looking out for the newest technology on hearing aids. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Duran, call the New Generation Hearing Centers at 305-551-7222 or visit them online at http://www.miamihearingaids.com for more information.